Microsoft Announces Skype TX for Broadcasters
Today at the NAB show Microsoft announced a new version of Skype for Broadcasters, Skype TX. With more and more broadcasters turning to Skype to conduct remote interviews, this product is long over due.
Skype TX removes all notifications, advertising, and pop-ups.
One of the single most important features is that it removes all video and audio notifications, advertising, and pop-ups. Notifications and pop-ups are particular distracting during a broadcast. And not just for broadcasters, does anybody remember the Skype pranks during the George Zimmerman trial testimony of one of his former teachers?
Beyond the cleaner feed, other key features include:
- combined hardware/software platform for easy setup and use in both studio or remote broadcast environments
- HD-SDI video output/input
- balanced audio output/input
- auto aspect ratio conversion
- management of simultaneous Skype calls on one interfaces
- improved reliability
- support from a broadcast technical team
- ability to send HD-SDI video and balanced audio back to the caller
- graceful degradation moving from live video feed to still picture if quality level drops below a critical threshold
In terms of requirements you have a 1.2 MBPS dedicated connection for high definition calls and it only works on Windows operating system. No price details for Skype TX yet. According to Microsoft pricing details will be announced closer to the launch date.